April 23rd, 6:30pm at Bryn Mawr College
The CEO Roundtable was re-scheduled from one of the many snow storms. This event will include 6 local entrepreneurs sharing their unique stories with our students. Should be lots of fun.
- Millie Bell, Founder and CEO, Skin Health Solutions/DermHA
- Michelle MacDonald, Founder, Sweet Note Bagels
- Michael Mignucci, Jr., President & CEO, DiBruno Brothers
- Charlene Mulholland, Co-Founder, Sorella Boutique
- Kevin Nolan, President, Nolan Painting
- Andrew Voudouris, Co-Founder, Turn-5, and winner of the National Young Entrepreneurs Award from the US Small Business Administration
- Members of the Business Community, Parents and Bryn Mawr College Community
THANK YOU for coming to support our Young Entrepreneurs. Our 1st Annual Investor Panel event for the Philadelphia Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) was held on March 19.
We watched with amazement as 10 kids, some as young as 11 years old, stood up and presented professional business plans to a panel of “grown up investors” in front of about 150 people in an auditorium that is large and gothic and Phantom-of-the-Opera-like (yes, its intimidating).
Special thanks to our business and community leaders for mentoring our Young Entrepreneurs and helping them prepare for their big night, March 19th where they pitch their business ideas to real live investors.
- Bob Scanlon, West Chester University
- Maria Driver Lee
- Oria O’Shay
- Kim Carter, Disaster Planning & Recovery
- Phyllis Horn Epstein, Esq., Epstein, Sahpiro & Epstein
- Susan Krawitz, Sissy Carpy Communications
- Kevin McGarvey, ALL OUT Sealcoat
- Mary Scheetz, CCCI
- Surera Ward, Sure Messenger Solutions
- Michael Kandravi, 401K Rollover Store
- Jane Munroe, As You Wish Promotions
Published: Friday, September 13, 2013
By Kevin Tustin, STAFF WRITER
Delco News Network
In our fast-paced world it can seem harder and harder to keep up and make a success of yourself.
Now a new program for middle school and high school kids offers to give them a leg up in the world of business.
Ellen Fisher, Executive Director of YEA! Philadelphia, is proud to announce that Bryn Mawr College will be hosting the YEA! Philadelphia Program for 2013-2014.
Through their interactions with business professionals during the year, YEA! students gain some of the most important knowledge and experience they need to succeed. Local professionals volunteer their time and expertise as guest speakers, mentors, investors, graphic designers, field trip hosts, business plan reviewers, and much more. The time YEA! students spend with adults who encourage their futures is invaluable, and participants often report getting even more out of their participation than they put in to it!
If you are interested in becoming involved with YEA! as a guest speaker, fieldtrip host, or volunteer, contact Ellen Fisher at 215-628-3875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.